Put our experienced lawn technicians to work in your yard.
Weed control, fertilizer, tree & shrub care, lawn aeration, insect control…our team has it covered when it comes to keeping your yard healthy.
Take picking weeds off your to-do list.
Our experienced technicians and quality treatments will make your yard weed-free.Schedule my estimate
Dandelions, crabgrass patches, clumps of clover, or whatever other weed pops up in your yard, the lawn care experts at Fairway Lawns can handle it. We are committed to providing you with the best lawn care services. We use the highest quality products to treat and maintain your lawn and help keep it beautiful and living up to its full potential.
Professional Lawn Disease Treatment
With a multitude of DIY products on the market for lawn weed control, it can be a guessing game when trying to figure out which one is right for your yard’s specific situation. Because of this, we always recommend working with a professional to get rid of weeds quickly and safely. Our exclusive lawn treatment program provides the right balance of weed control and fertilizer to help reduce those pesky weeds and prevent them from coming back. This program consists of 7–8 applications per year, depending on your location, grass type, and the needs of your lawn.
Most of our weed control applications contain fertilizer that your lawn’s roots will benefit from. And whenever we do fertilizer applications, we also spot-spray any weeds that we see in your lawn. During the first year of receiving our treatment program, we may also recommend additional weed control applications for problem weeds like dallisgrass, nutsedge, wild violets and onions, and winter weeds. After the first year, our standard program should be sufficient to keep your lawn looking its best!
Our lawn treatment program includes:
- Pre-Emergent Weed Control (liquid spray)
- Liming in some areas (granular)
- Free Service Calls
- Post-Emergent Weed Control (liquid spray)
- Fertilization (granular and/or liquid applications)
Our lawn care team has experience managing all types of weeds and vegetation and can thoroughly evaluate your lawn and determine the best weed control technique to restore your lawn and landscape to its natural beauty. From pre-emergent and post-emergent herbicides to fertilizers and pet-friendly weed killers, we know our stuff and can take care of the hard work for you!
How to Prevent Weeds
Simply put, a weed is any plant that is growing where it is not wanted. Weeds and other uncontrolled vegetation growing on your property aren’t just unsightly, they can crowd out your grass and steal water and fertilizer, making them even stronger and allowing them to spread faster. Weeds have adapted many ways to ensure they breed and spread quickly before you can pull them out. Every weed has its own cycle that starts at various times of the year making them a constant nuisance.
Lawn weeds are categorized as the following:
- Broadleaf weed – Leaves are broad and flat (not grassy or needle-like)
- Dandelion, clover, ground ivy (creeping Charlie), oxalis, chickweed, dollarweed, henbit, plantain, thistle
- Grassy weed – Leaves look like grass blades
- Crabgrass, foxtail, annual bluegrass, quackgrass
- Grass-like weed – Looks somewhat like grass but leaves may be triangular or tube-like and hollow (not flat like a grass blade)
- Nutsedge, wild onion, wild garlic
Pulling weeds by hand is easiest when they are young and your soil is moist. Some annual weeds, like crabgrass and chickweed, can be easily controlled with hand-pulling due to their shallow roots. However, perennial weeds, like dandelion and thistle, have deep, extensive roots that make them harder to control by just hand-pulling. If there is even a small piece of root left in the ground, the weed will grow back.
A few tips for preventing weeds include:
- A stressed lawn has a higher chance of being overtaken by weeds. The goal is to have a lawn that leaves little space for weeds to grow. Thus, feeding your lawn with fertilizer regularly during the growing season helps your lawn stay thick and lush. Our technicians can properly execute this as part of our lawn treatment program.
- Unlike frequent, shallow waterings that encourage shallow root growth, watering deeply and infrequently helps your lawn grow deeper roots so it can grow thicker and better compete with weeds.
Like all plants, weed seeds require sunlight to sprout. Raising your mower height (usually one of the two highest settings on your mower) helps the grass grow tall and thick to shade the soil, so weed seeds are less able to sprout and grow.
Contact Us for Lawn Weed Control
Are you ready to get rid of the weeds and unwanted vegetation in your yard? Leave it to our team of lawn care experts to help eliminate your existing weeds and stop them from popping back up in the future. For weed control that you can count on, contact Fairway Lawns today — our advanced applications promote a healthier, thicker, and weed-free yard!